Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Angela Bag

I have been busy recently with making purses! I thought I had posted pictures of the purses and wallets I've made, but apparently, I haven't. I'll upload pictures in a minute, but right now, I am going to show you my most recent accomplishment, the Angela Bag!

This is a bag that my sister (Angela) requested. I asked what she wanted it to look like and she decided to leave it all up to me, with the caveat that it had short straps. Hurray! I love to have free creative rein. Here it is:



From Angela Bag
From Angela Bag

My mom had picked up a fat quarter pack for me a week earlier and, since fat quarters are my absolute favorite (how else can you get such a great variety of fabrics without having to buy yards and yards?) I decided to use that pack for this purse. I sketched up a quick Dresden plate for the stripwork and quilted them with the "stitch in the ditch" method. The top and handles are bias tape.

If you look at the picture of the innards closely, you'll notice that there are actually two fabrics for the lining! I didn't have enough of one fabric for the lining, so I used two. If I say that it's supposed to be that way, than will anyone know any different? Haha!

I hope my sissy loves this bag!

© 2012 Pineapple Damask, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment