Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quilt Drive for the Children Victims of Texas Wildfire

The wildfire of Bastrop County Texas (Central Texas, east of Austin) is still going strong. Hundreds of homes have been completely destroyed and thousands of people have been displaced. This hits home with me, as I used to live in central Texas and I still have dear friends in the area. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Every little act of kindness counts, and Heather of Modern Day Quilts has come up with the plan to give every child who lost their home in the fire a quilt to sleep under. I think this is an excellent idea. Will you participate?

Each quilt should be 45x60, and twin sized quilts are encouraged. Please mail your quilts to:

Valli & Kim Quilt Shop, Attn: Wildfire Quilts, 700 West Highway 290, Dripping Springs, TX 78620.

See Modern Day Quilt's blog post for information on where to direct questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment